Grilled Salmon Recipe

A place for users to chat about non-fishing topics. No political or religious posts are allowed.
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Grilled Salmon Recipe

Post by Once and Future »

This recipe for grilled salmon baste makes salmon on the grill smell better than rib eye steak! My son prepared it in his college town once, and a total stranger walking by exclaimed: "Oh wow! What are you grilling? It smells delicious!" After he served it, one of his friends proclaimed it the best seafood he had ever eaten in his life.

We use King or Coho salmon, wild caught obviously.

1-1/2 lbs. of pieces of salmon filets, leave skin on the one side. By pieces of filets, I mean we are using filets from about a 10 pound fish, and cut them to 4" lengths to make them easier to handle and serve.

1/4 C. butter
1/6 C. lemon juice
1 T. parsley
3/4 T. soy sauce
3/4 T. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. oregano
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/8 t. salt
1/6 t. black pepper flakes

Stir and cook ingredients for the baste over low heat until melted. Grill salmon, skin side down, for 5 minutes, covered. Now brush on baste, close lid and cook for 10 to 15 more minutes, opening lid often to brush on more baste.

I am not one of those geniuses who knows what flavors compliment each other, but there is something primal in this combination. It will get you right in the hippo-campus! It must have saved my ancestors from starving once.